Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Final, Official, No-Bull Oscar Predictions

Here's who I think will win on Sunday. I will have a nice mixture of head and heart here:

Best Documentary: Man On Wire
Best Foreign-Language Feature: Waltz With Bashir
Best Animated Feature: WALL-E
Best Sound/ Sound Editing: The Dark Knight (it'll win both)
Best Visual Effets: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best Original Song: "Jai-Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire
Best Original Score: Thomas Newman, WALL-E
Best Make-Up: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best Costume Design: Michael O'Conner, The Duchess
Best Art Direction: Donald Graham Burt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best Editing: Chris Dickens, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Cinematography: Anthony Dod Mantle, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Original Screenplay: Andrew Stanton, WALL-E
Best Adapted Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Best Actor: Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler
Best Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader
Best Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire

I don't have serious conviction behind these pics, they just seem to me like what is going to happen. Not many surprises and a near-sweep for Slumdog. Couldn't wait till Sunday, so here you go.

P.S. I realize as I go over my picks that I'm predicting that Milk will go completely unnoticed and shut out. Well, the chances of that happening are probably slim, but I'm going to stick with my picks anyway.

No comments: