Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thoughts On An Oscar Day Morning

I realize as I go over my final Oscar predictions, that I didn't chose Milk for any of the categories. That's right, I predicted a Milk shut-out, and I didn't even realize it till afterward. The chances of that happening are probably pretty slim, but I'm going to stick by my picks.

As for what to expect tonight, I've read that Hugh Jackman will attempt to entertain us with song & dance numbers, while the show itself is going to be formatted like a story. Eh, I'm not so sure about this Oscar experimentation. The Academy rarely gets this kind of thing right. I like Wolverine as much as the next guy, but why pass up the perfect opportunity to get Ricky Gervais? That guy is pure live TV magic.

P.S. If you've heard the rumor about the winners being leaked to the media. Sid Ganis, president of the Academy, has come out and said that these were fake, even though the sheet had his signature at the bottom. Pretty interesting when you think of who they listed as the winners: Rourke, Winslet, Ledger, and.... Adams!? Amy Adams was great in Doubt, but this has seemed like a two-horse race between Cruz and Davis for a long time hasn't it? I guess we'll see what happens later tonight.

No comments: